Saturday, November 7, 2009

A New Beginning

So this is my first blog and I figured I should start with a little bit about me. I have been happily married to my other half for three years now. We have three "kids" Trooper, Scout, & Biscuit (yes, they all have four legs). We are happily expecting our newest addition on December 6th. So don't be surprised that the coming posts will most likely contain a lot regarding our three dogs and our new baby.

I worked as an accountant until this past February when I was laid off. Since then I have been running our house. In addition to our three dogs we often foster puppies for a local rescue group. Unfortunately that has recently been on hold with the pregnancy. My family just moved into a new home the beginning of October and that has kept me plenty busy. Though my degree was in accounting my true passion lies in the preservation of the thousands of pictures that tell the story of my life. I began scrapbooking about 14 years ago and have loved every moment of it. Just over two years ago I discovered the world of digital scrapbooking and cannot seem to get enough. So here starts my new beginning...

I have helped friends and family over the years put their memories into albums and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Recently, however, I have found pure joy in creating layouts and embellishments for digital scrapbooking. I have also dabbled a bit in creating my own materials. So that is what this blog is primarily going to be (well outside of me & my family): A place for me to share my work as I grow as a designer (I definitely don't think I qualify as one just yet) and to hopefully get the opinion of all of you scrappers' out there!

No comments: